Guide Dog Mobility Instructor
The Guide Dog Mobility Instructor is responsible for the competent, professional assessment and delivery of guide dog mobility services to clients with a vision loss. The role works within the Guide Dog Services team to evaluate and match guide dog stock with consumers. In addition, this position may provide services on the pets as therapy and autism assistance dog programs.
- Highly self-motivated and diplomatic with the ability to establish credibility and gain the confidence of a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to be productive and highly organised within an environment of competing demands.
- Ability to be creative, innovative, flexible and readily accommodate change while maintaining effectiveness.
- Is outcome focused and works to achieve through collaborative work practices.
- Analytical problem solving and decision making skills with an ability to explore new and innovative ways of doing business using creative solutions.
- Contributes to improvement of processes, methods and systems to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of team support functions.
- Internationally recognised Guide Dog Mobility Instructor qualification.
- Holds an unencumbered drivers licence.
Guide Dogs Association SA/NT assists people with sensory loss. Our clients include those who are blind, vision impaired, and/or deaf or hearing impaired. We also provide Autism Assistance Dogs for families of children living with autism. Our purpose is to use our expertise with dogs and in sensory service provision, to enhance the quality of life of people living with disability.
Our office is located in Adelaide, South Australia, which has an enviable Mediterranean lifestyle. Adelaide was recently ranked the fifth most liveable city in the world and is well known for its close proximity to beautiful beaches and world famous wine regions. It is known as a Gateway to the iconic Australian Outback.
Please submit your application and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
« BACK TO INDEX