Guide Dog Mobility Instructor
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced fulltime Guide Dog Mobility Instructor (GMDI) to join our client engagement team at Guide Dogs Queensland, based in Brisbane.
The successful applicant will work alongside a team of skilled health professionals providing support to people who are blind or visually impaired of all age groups in Queensland. Your professional input will compliment existing services to provide a holistic approach in enabling clients to participate independently, confidently and safely in daily life.
You will be committed to a person centred approach to working with people with low or no vision and bring excellence, enthusiasm and experience to the role.
This position requires regular travel within an allocated region on an operational basis.
Key selection criteria:
- IGDF Accredited Guide Dog Mobility Instructor qualification or other qualification deemed equivalent by Guide Dogs Queensland.
- Proven and demonstrated skills in the use of up to date orientation and mobility techniques and strategies.
- Experience in assessing clients and dogs, and training dogs up to matching standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as an effective member of a team to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellence in time management, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to professional development and quality assurance.
- Current drivers licence is essential.
To view more information and read the position description, please visit our website at www.guidedogsqld.com.au.
To apply please forward your answers to the above selection criteria along with a copy of your CV to:
Applications close at cob 28 February 2017
Please note that due to the high number of applicants for the position, only those who are successful in gaining an interview will be contacted after the closing date.
How to apply
To apply for a position advertised through this site you will need to follow the instructions attached to each position.
Applications for positions need to include your resume and a covering letter briefly addressing the position selection criteria from the position description.
Please include your email address and daytime or mobile number in your application.
We do not accept unsolicited applications. We only accept applications for advertised positions.
Please contact us to find out more about working with Guide Dogs Queensland.
Successful applicants will need to be approved for a work visa under Australian Immigration Requirements.
« BACK TO INDEX