Guide Dog Trainer
Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind is seeking a qualified Guide Dog Trainer to work full time. You will be expected to train guide dogs, and occassionally attend CGDB related events. In your spare time you will be able to enjoy hiking, canoeing, camping, skiing, snow boarding, boating, different culutural events, amazing cuisine from all parts of the world and everything else Canada has to offer.
All Trainer's are located at our head office located in Manotick, Ontario. Manotick is located 25 minutes from downtown Ottawa. We have clients based throughout Ottawa as well as nation wide. Candidates should be prepared to undertake nights away from home when required throughout Canada.
Successful Applications will be expected to have the following:
- Hold a Guide Dog Trainers qualification from an Internation Guide Dog Federation Member Organization.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the guide dog industry.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills.
- Sound skills and knowledge expected of a Trainer, modern dog training methods as well as an open attitude to new insights in dog training.
- Strong time management skills.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- A valid drivers license.
- Bilingualism is an asset. (English and French)
This position is a renewable one year contract.
Closing date: 1st June 2017
Contact at organisation: Jane Thornton email@example.com
« BACK TO INDEX